FOR BIOGAS DESULPHURISATION
dBiox® Biotrickling is a biological desulphurization system for biogas treatment, suitable to medium and high H2S concentrations and particularly applied for biogas usage on cogeneration engines (CHP), or in Off-Gas of biogas upgrading systems, among others.
Biotrickling technology is based on a biological reactor with a scrubber-like washer (vertical alignment) fitted with extensive and effective inorganic packing which creates the habitat where microorganisms develop. The metabolic process of these microorganisms removes the polluting compounds contained in the gas stream.
Biotrickling technology does not require chemical reagents, and if it does, it requires minimal quantities which reduces operating costs and eliminates the generation of toxic effluent, which would require further treatment.
A biotrickling filter can treat H2S concentrations up to 10.000 ppm. It can be used in applications in which conventional systems are not viable due to high operating costs.
ECOTEC has introduced a series of improvements on this systems aimed to optimize equipment sizing, which allows to reduce the initial investment costs (CAPEX), and operating costs (OPEX) of system, presenting a more efficient and competitive solution.
- Most suitable technology for mid-range biogas flows and mid-high H2S concentrations (< 3000 Nm3/h, < 4000 ppmv)
- Specially improved and optimized for more competitive and low CAPEX and OPEX costs anywhere in the world
- High efficiency in H2S removal ( > 97%)
- Minimal consumption of chemical reagents
- Low operating costs, amortization period reduction and short-term investment returns
- Zero waste generation